ABOUT THIS PACKAGE
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1 – Arrival in Salta, airport transfer to your hotel
- Day 2 – Cafayate Full Day Tour
- Day 3 – Salt Flats Full Day Tour ending in Purmamarca
- Day 4 – Full Day Humahuaca Gorge Tour and Serrania de Hornocal Viewpoint
- Day 5 – Bye Bye Salta!
Best time to go: March to November
- Accomodation: 4 Nights
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts
- Tours and Transportation: All excursions are privately operated or in small exclusive groups and include local and professional bilingual guides.
- Personalized Concierge Service: By our local experience manager before and during the trip.
- Assistance during your trip: 24/7 emergency phone and Whatsapp for urgent assistance from our staff.
Day 1 – Welcome to Salta!
Upon your arrival the transfer will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel.
In the afternoon be ready to enjoy a city tour around the places of Salta’s greater attractive: The Cathedral (1855) where General Güemes (main patriotic hero) rests; Cultural Center America, Historical Museum of the North (Town Council) with exhibitions of sacred art and rooms dedicated to old traditional families of Salta, “San Francisco” Church and, “San Bernardo” Convent, and the monument to General Güemes. We ascend to “San Bernardo” Hill to enjoy the panoramic view of the city. After a visit to “Batalla de Salta” Monument Battle of Salta – and “20 de Febrero” Park, we go towards the outskirts and visit a summer village called “San Lorenzo”, characterized by the subtropical microclimate and lastly a visit the Artisan Market where craftsmen of the entire province expose their original crafts.
What’s Included: Airport transfer, guided city tour, accommodation in Salta.
Day 2 – Full Day Tour to Cafayate
The journey starts from Salta city to the south, through route 68 traversing the Lerma Valley and its historical towns. We reach Quebrada de las Conchas (the Shell ́s Gorge), where wind and water erosion carved curiousshapes on the rocks (The Amphitheater, Devil ́s throat, The Toad, The Castles, among others). When we arrive to Cafayate, we visit some wineries, famous for their production of Torrontes, with specialcharacteristics due to the particularities of the climate and land. After lunch we return to Salta through Quebrada de las Conchas (the Shells ́ Gorge) and the Lerma Valley.
What’s Included: Breakfast, full day tour to Cafayate, accommodation in Salta.
Day 3 – San Antonio de los Cobres / Salt Flats / Purmamarca
Early in the morning be prepare for a great adventure in the hights. From Salta towards Tastil Ruins you will reach the quite mining town of San Antonio de los Cobres, after a two hours stop for lunch and a short visit the town the tour continues along Route 40 discovering one of the most desertic areas of our country. Soon, and already in the province of Jujuy, you will arrive to The Great Salt Flats, where the inmensity of the area and the white shiny salt invites you to relax and take great shots. Down Lipán Cliff the charming town of Purmamarca together with the Seven Colors Hill will be waiting for you.
What’s Included: Breakfast, Jujuy Salt Flats full day tour, accommodation in Purmamarca.
Day 4 – Full Day Humahuaca Gorge Tour and Serrania de Hornocal Viewpoint
After enjoying breakfast surrunded by Purmamarca’s colorful mountains, be ready to enjoy the charming towns along Huamhuaca Gorge (Tilcara with Pucara ruins and Humahuaca) and full experience the local culture. You will then continue to visit one of the most beatiful formations of the area, Serrania de Hornoal. This unique geological formation scenary off the beaten track display an stuning range of colors in streaked “v” shapes, creating a memorable visual effect perfect to take great pictures!
Return to Salta in the afternoon.
On your last night, we recommend going to a traditional peña and enjoy tasteful local dishes whit truly local folklore singers.
What’s Included: Breakfast, full day tour to Humahuaca Gorge and Serrania de Hornocal, accommodation in Salta.
Day 5 – Bye Bye Salta!
At the appropiate time a transfer will pick you up at the hotel to take you Salta’s airport.
If your flight departs in the afternoon, you might consider adding a gastronomic tour to San Miguel Market in the morning. Based on a list according to the dish to cook, we wll seek out the best ingredients as well as being in contact with local culture. We develop a kitchen activity, where customs and stories will be shared at a regional cuisine while the dish is prepared advised by a local chef, to conclude finally tasting the same.
What’s Included: Breakfast, airport transfer.
This trip is customizable according to your preferences.
The starting price is based on travel for a minimum of two travelers staying in comfort accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates. Single supplement available on request.
- Airport transfers in Salta (private service)
- 3 Nights of accommodation in Salta
- 1 Night of accommodation in Purmamarca
- Full Day Tour to Cafayate (shared service)
- Full Day Tour to Jujuy Salt Flats (shared service)
- Full Day Tour Humahuaca & Hornocal (private service)
- Expert trip planning
- 24/7 emergency phone and Whatsapp
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International and Domestic Flights
- Travel Insurance
- Optional activities suggested on the itinerary
- Meals unless specified
- Entry tickets to National Parks
- Local Taxes
- Early check in or Late check out
Know Before You Go
- An identity card is needed in the form of an ID. If not a citizen of Argentina, a passport with a Brazilian Visa is needed according to International Agreements currently enforced
- It is the passengers’ responsibility to determine if a Visa is needed and to obtain it
- This is a shared tour that takes place in groups of up to 20 people. Travel by car, van, or bus, depending on group size